} -->

Wednesday 21 January 2015

Narrative Prompt Picture Cards

I just uploaded a new resource!



This is a set of 72 narrative prompt cards. They cover characters, setting and problems.
Print, laminate and cut out the cards. The character cards are green, setting cards blue and problem cards purple. Page 3 includes optional cover cards for each aspect and 22 to 24 includes backings for the cards if desired but must be printed off multiple times.
Students can use their own creativity to decide what each picture represents and most are open to several interpretations. Is it a farm sheep or a talking sheep? Is it a problem about talking too much or losing your voice?
Randomly assign one of each coloured cards to the students. This can be done by handing them out, passing them around up side down or pulling them out of a hat. Students then use them to create a story.
With 24 of each coloured card this can be used as a whole class activity or just given to students who need a bit of extra help.
These picture cards are great for any age and can be used for a wide variety of activities including writing stories in groups or non narrative based activities.


I am also very proud that I did all the clipart myself! This project has really helped my clip art making skills.



These are going to be a part of a bigger unit I am developing on narrative writing. Follow me on here, Facebook or TPT to find out when it gets released!



1 comment:

  1. hello I am an educator, would I like to inquiry about the following Narrative story cards Nancy Helm-Estabrooks.
    will be for shipping and insurance .

    Please email me at gimpletom@yahoo.com

    Please

    ReplyDelete