} -->

Sunday 18 January 2015

Tips for TPT Sellers with Full Time Jobs!

I started on TPT over a year ago now and at the time I was pregnant and working full time. I worked up until 3 days before I had my gorgeous little girl (now 8 months) and went back to full time work 6 weeks later (leaving my husband to be a stay at home daddy.) The time I have available to work on TPT is limited and I have to make sure I make the most of every free minute I get.

When I first started I spent hours reading advice and tips on the forum and I tried to do EVERYTHING they recommended. Thinking back, there are a lot of things I could have done differently that would have maximized my time and increase my sales much earlier on. Today I thought I would share those thoughts with you.

1)            Don’t be in it JUST for the money.
If you are just out to make money you won’t last. Coming home at night from one job to start work on another is much easier if you enjoy what you are doing. I love creating resources, it relaxes me. I call TPT a hobby! I get excited over each and every sale and am happy with any extra cash I earn. Unless you’re extremely lucky it can take a while to start earning a sizable amount.
2)            Sign up for premium seller straight away!
This will help you commit to TPT and motivate you to keep going whilst also earning more. You know how insurance companies always compare their premium to being less than a cup of coffee? Well so is the TPT premium (when spread out over a year). It’s worth the risk!
3)            Forget the social media!
Leave the Facebook, Pinterest, blogs and Instagram pages until your store picks up. Yes, these will help you get sales but not as fast as prioritizing the tips below.
4)            Build up quality products
I didn't start seeing every day sales until I had over 20 products in my store. Spend the time getting the products up then look at getting more complex thumbnails and previews. Many of my products just get screen shot/JPEGS of one item within the product rather than spending time trying to showcase all the pages over three thumbnails.
5) That being said...
 Have good cover pages and descriptions. People won't click on your products if they don't look inviting or offer more information then the title. They also won't buy a product if they don't know what they are getting.
6)            Find your Niche- Quickly!
Find that area that you excel at or is lacking on TPT. I found my Niche with ten week unit plans on specific topics. When I first started I wasted time producing more general stuff like job charts. Yes, they do sell…but at a much slower rate because there are so many of them out there on TPT. Leave them till later.
7)            Don’t undervalue your products

This is one that I am still guilty of. Your new to TPT and you think maybe my products aren’t as good as others or that they will sell better if they are competitively cheaper. NOPE! Trust yourself. People will pay for quality!

No comments:

Post a Comment