} -->

Tuesday 6 January 2015

Word Walls

Word Walls are fantastic environmental print. They help teach spelling, reading and vocabulary. They can also look fantastic. The thing I love most about them is that you can refer students to them rather then spelling the same word over and over again.

When it comes to themed word walls I like to arrange them into fun formats that suit the theme.

Below is my Egyptian pyramid word wall. For older students I get them involved in creating the word wall. They suggest theme words, I write them in pencil and then the student adds a picture and goes over it all in pencil.

I have created a love heart word wall for Valentine's Day. You can download it for free at Teachers Pay Teachers. Click Here


If you like that one try an Easter basket. You can also download that at Teachers Pay Teachers. Click here!


Print, laminate and cut out the 29 pieces and then arrange into the basket on a bulletin board.

Both a coloured and black and white version are included in the downloads. Print on coloured card to save ink.

If printed on A4 paper both will measure approximately 80cm by 90cm.

I have a very special Christmas one coming up for the end of the year. Follow me on Teachers Pay Teacher and/or this blog to be notified when it goes up towards the end of the year.


No comments:

Post a Comment